Aquatic Adventures is Open with full operating hours starting Friday 29 May, 2020
Mon: 10am-8pm; Tues: Closed; Wed-Fri: 10am-8pm; Sat: 10am-5pm; Sun: 12pm-4pm
The safety and well-being of our divers and staff are the top priority at Aquatic Adventures Scuba Academy. As we reopen we are following all COVID19 guidelines from the CDC and Divers Alert Network as well as following Virginia's guidelines for business reopenings. While we have always followed strict policies for cleaning and disinfecting our rental gear, we have implemented specific policies for the shop and dive training. We appreciate your help with following these safety measures to keep you and our staff safe.
- If you are feeling unwell or sick (i.e., persistent cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, OR at least two of the following: fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new lose of taste or smell), please give us a call to reschedule. DO NOT enter the Dive Shop. DO NOT Dive. This list is not all-inclusive: please seek medical advice as soon as possible.
- When entering the dive shop, all staff and guests are asked to wear a face mask/cover.
- We ask customers and staff to immediately wash their hands upon entering Aquatic Adventures.
- Aquatic Adventures will also have hand sanitizer available for customer and staff use as needed.
- Aquatic Adventures will limit the number of people in the dive shop to 10 at a time. Please maintain social distancing while in the shop and during training.
- The dive shop will be disinfected throughout the day. Please avoid touching things unless necessary or when purchasing items.
- When trying on scuba masks for purchase, all masks that have been tried on will be placed in the marked bin and will be disinfected before returning to the display area.
- Class sizes will be limited to 10 people including staff members.
- All rental equipment and tanks will be sanitized by staff members. Please do not touch other diver’s gear. During training your instructor will provide guidance on how to perform training requirements using PADI safety guidelines.
- Student rental gear will be sanitized before each use. Student name will be placed on gear so that each student can easily identify their gear and only they will touch gear once sanitized.
- Instructors will provide additional safety measures to students during training.
- Staff will have disinfectant solution at pool and lake to use as needed.
- Aquatic Adventures staff are trained on these procedures and can provide assistance to customers and students.
- Aquatic Adventures welcomes you back to the incredible sport of Scuba Diving and we look forward to seeing you in person soon!